After sifting through your nominations and putting it up to a vote, the results are in. We had a total of 5,789 votes, which is pretty decent for a holiday week.
Thanks to all of you for participation. Here are the top 12 Twitter personalities to follow in 2012, in the order of votes received.
1. @Heather_Poole (Heather Poole)
2. @airfarewatchdog (George Hobica)
3. @PeterSGreenberg (Peter Greenberg)
4. @Adventuregirl (Stefanie Michaels)
5. @wendyperrin (Wendy Perrin)
6. @CAroundTheWorld (Chris Gray Faust)
7. @johnnyjet (Johnny Jet)
8. @TodayInTheSky (Ben Mutzabaugh)
9. @dreamofitaly (Kathy McCabe)
10. @earthXplorer (JD Andrews)
11. @nerdseyeview (Pam Mandel) (tie)
11. @Velvetescape (Keith Jenkins)
12. @EliteTravelGal (Stacy Small)
Congratulations to everyone who made the cut.
Several of you have asked: why go through the trouble of putting together this list?
Because I’m curious. I want to know who the major influencers are in the travel industry. There are so many travel-related Twitter accounts out there, and it’s hard to know who to pay attention to.
These are 12 “must-follow” accounts for 2012. But there are many other great Twitter users out there, to be sure.
Next week, I’ll start the nominating process for your favorite blog of 2012. You can get a jump on the nominations by sending me an email for your favorite blog.
(Photo: d Barefoot/Flickr)